As the end of the year approaches, testing begins. Starting on April 10th, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will be taking standardized tests at HR. According to procon.org, 93% of studies on student testing, including the use of large-scale and high-stakes standardized tests, found a positive effect on student achievement. Here is a breakdown of where and what you should be doing the week of testing.
9th: PARCC tests. Bring headphones!
10th: PSAT test.
11th: CMAS Science test and the SAT test. Bring headphones!
12th: Use these late start days to work on any needed community service hours.
- All students testing are expected to arrive at 7:30am and the tests will begin promptly at 7:45am.
- Students that are being excused from an exam must be excused by their parents who need to follow the Excusal Instructions on the school bulletin.
- Buses will be running on the normal schedule.
- Students who are excused from testing can work in the library or the commons under supervision until testing is over.
- Thursday and Friday are regular odd and even days.
|7:30am||PARCC (9th)||PARCC (9th)|
|CMAS (11th)||SAT (11th)|
|10:23am||5th||A lunch 11:14 – 11:52|
|6th||B lunch 12:10 – 12:48|
Megan de Guzman, Editor in Chief